So we’ve all heard about the corona virus. After swine flu and bird flu, the last novel virus from China is spreading fast. It’s a mutation of the SARS virus so, in the most critical cases, it attacks the lungs. As a response, the human body defends the lungs and leaves scar tissue on them that diminishes the lung ability to expand, causing respiratory problems.
You can have more information and live statistics about all this HERE. I know people panic around the world. In some countries they emptied prisons, letting dozens of thousands of people go, some people took their own lives. There’s no need to reach such extremes. Panicking won’t help with the situation. You can only control your own behavior.
Here’s what you can do:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water (it’s better that hand sanitizers as too much sanitizer actually weakens your immune system);
- Avoid putting your hands to your face, especially when using public transport;
- Avoiding touching random people, no hugs, no handshakes, no money exchange, no big gatherings;
- Get a small stack of emergency food (about 1 month of food) ready in your pantry such as water, rice, beans, tuna and other canned goods. Things that can be kept several months (if you prepared a few weeks ago like I did, you now probably have no need to raid your supermarket!);
- Avoid traveling to high risk areas;
- Drink lemon juice in warm water every morning for vitamin C;
- Remain calm.
UPDATE : March 14th, 2020 (Added worldometer link and a couple of tips)